Being able to upload a document to an assignment is one of the most important Moodle skills to master. This article describes how to upload an assignment using an Android device.
To upload your assignment to Moodle using an an Android device, the assignment needs to be on the device, or placed in some form of 'cloud' storage, such as Google Drive, DropBox, or Microsoft OneDrive.
There are several different flavours of Android. While these look different to each other, the process described below should be much the same on all.
To submit an assignment from your Android device:
- Using the default Android Internet tool or another web browser of your choice, log into Moodle and locate the course you are preparing the assignment for.
- Locate and open the assignment on the course page. If the course has The course will probably have more than one assignment , visible; make sure you open the correct one.
- Tap the Add submission button.
- Tap the Add... button.
- If your assignment file is on your device, tap Upload a file from the top panel, then Choose file. Browse to the location of your assignment file and select it.
If your assignment file is stored on a cloud service, tap the name of that service (for example, Google Drive), tap Login to your account, and then enter your log in details. Browse and select your assignment file.
- Click Upload this file (or for cloud services, Select this file).
- Click the Save changes button.
Your assignment file should now be visible in the File submissions area of the assignment screen. Moodle records when you uploaded the file, and shows you how much time remains before the due date (or how late it is!). You can even replace the assignment in some circumstances by clicking the Edit submission button.
Moodle has a file size limit of 30Mb. If you see error messages when uploading your assignment, check the file size. PowerPoint files with many images sometimes exceed this limit. Saving a large document as a PDF might be the solution to this problem. Videos can also be quite large. For these, you might need to use a video conversion tool to reduce the size of the file.