A moodle course exists for each subject in which your child is enrolled. These courses contain notes, quizzes, practice examples, assignments, reference material, videos, audio clips, discussion forums and more. Your child will upload assignments into a Moodle course, and can potentially receive feedback through that course.
Parents and guardians have some level of access to all the Moodle courses that their children use. While you might not see everything available, you should be able to see the things that matter most, like assignments, due dates and downloadable resources.
There are several ways to get to a Moodle course. The most common methods are described below, and all assume that you have logged into Moodle.
Using the side menu
Toggle open the side menu.
- Click/tap the subject in which you are interested.
Via your child's timetable
- View your child's timetable.
- Locate the subject of interest on the timetable and click/tap the name of the subject.
Via your child's report
- View your child's online report.
- Click/tap the Attainment - Details tab.
- Click/tap the subject of interest. This will take you to the report for that subject.
- On the subject report page, click/tap View class page.
Moodle offers a function that lets your search or browse for courses. The menu item labelled Search will take you to a page that lets you do a comprehensive search for courses. You are welcome to try using it, but we recommend you use one of the four methods above because they are much faster and simpler for your needs. The search function is very powerful, but some 'know how' is required to use it effectively. Besides, you won't have access to many of the results it produces.