Passwords are the key to your online accounts, so it is imperative that you make them difficult for someone else to guess.
Guide to setting a strong password
A good password:
- is at least 8 characters long
- uses both upper and lower case letters, numbers and non-alphanumeric characters
- is not the name of your one of your family members, friends or pets
- does not contain the date of your birthday or other significant event
- can be comprised of two words that have no relation to each other, such as fancyc@t
- does not contain the words: password, 12345 or qwerty
- is not used for any of your other online accounts.
If you have trouble remembering all the different passwords for your myriad of online accounts, consider using one of the many apps that are built for this purpose. Lastpass or The Vault are good for this purpose.
Many Flinders systems use the same username password combination. It is advisable that you change this password on a regular basis.
The video below gives some valuable insight into one method you might adopt to setting strong passwords.