This is a two step process:
Connect to the FCCC WiFi
- Install the College Certificate
Connect to the FCCC WiFi:
- Click "Settings" then select "Wireless & Networks or Connections" and tap "WiFi".
- If WiFi is not enabled, please enable it.
- Tap "FCCC".
- You may now be asked for a password to protect the credential storage on your device. This is a security setting for your device and not your WiFi password. Please enter a memorable password here to continue.
- Enter Username and Password:
- For "EAP method" select "PEAP".
- For "Phase 2 authentication" select "None".
- For CA Certificate select "Don't Validate".
- Enter your Identity as your username, e.g. "bsimpson18".
- Some devices may have an "Anonymous identity" field. Leave this blank.
- Enter your password.
- Touch "Connect".
Install the College Certificate:
You can use Android's built-in web browser, Chrome or Firefox to access the Flinders Network on an Android device. The steps below will work for Chrome and the inbuilt browser. After completing the steps below if you use Firefox, see the article Additional Firefox browser instructions for additional steps.
You need to download a file (called a "Certificate") to set up your Android device for use on the Flinders Network. This must be done on your device (using Chrome or the built-in browser) the first time you connect.
- Click on this link: Certificate.
- When prompted, enter your PIN or Password and name for the certificate, for example, 'FCCC'.
- Tap OK. (See note below)